Behavior MTSS at Montague
Montague Elementary School uses a Multi-Tired System of Supports (MTSS) for promoting a positive school climate and addressing student behavior. A partnership with the Genesee Intermediate School District has resulted in our school implementing Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports as part of our Multi-Tiered System of Supports. All students receive Tier 1 Support. The Tier 2 and Tier 3 teams meet to identify students that need Tier 2 and Tier 3 support.
Tier 1 Behavioral Support - 100% of Students
- 2nd Step Curriculum is taught by Classroom Teachers
- School-wide PBIS PRIDE Expectations are taught by staff and reinforced throughout the school year
- School-wide PBIS Reward System to reward positive behavior
- School-wide Tier 1 Classroom Interventions
- PBIS Team meets weekly to address Tier 1 Issues
- A Behavioral Referral System to document student behavioral issues which can be viewed by parents inside of ParentVue
- Referrals are used by the Tier 2 and Tier 3 Intervention Team to identify students that may need Tier 2 and Tier 3 Intervention
Tier 2 Behavioral Intervention - 20% of Students
The Tier 2/Tier 3 team meets weekly to review behavior data to identify students that need Tier 2 support. When a student begins receiving a Tier 2 intervention, the team decides on a timeline for the intervention and exit criteria for the intervention. The Tier 2 team then monitors the progress of the intervention during the duration of the established timeline.
- Check-in/Check-out (CICO Process)
- Social Group Sessions with Social Worker
- Behavior Contract Targeting Specific Behavior (Behavior Contract example)
Tier 3 Behavioral Intervention - 5% of Students
Please note that a student receiving a Tier 3 Intervention will still be receiving both Tier 1 and Tier 2 supports. If a student is set to receive Tier 3 behavioral intervention, then the Tier2/3 team has reviewed the behavioral data of the student and decided that the student needs a more individualized level of support.
The Tier 2/Tier 3 team meets weekly to review behavior data to identify students that need Tier 3 support. When a student begins receiving a Tier 3 intervention, the team decides on a timeline for the intervention and exit criteria for the intervention. The Tier 3 team then monitors the progress of the intervention during the duration of the established timeline.
- Individualized Behavior Intervention Plan (BIP) informed by a Functional Behavioral Assessment (BIP example)